Thursday 8 April 2010

YOUR HEALTHCARE - at the right time and in the right place



For several years I have been active in the campaign to keep healthcare services in West Cornwall. I know from personal experience how important it is to get the right healthcare at the right time and in the right place.
If elected on May 6th, I am committed to the following ACTION:
• I will work to ensure that your treatment is provided by the GP or local hospital whenever possible.
• I will fight to keep cancer care in Cornwall
• I fully support the Conservative pledge to take politics out of NHS funding. An independent NHS Board will allocate funding where it is needed.
• I will support local GP’s to improve the frequency of health screening to prevent serious illness and increase early detection rates.

Conservatives will increase spending on the NHS every year and make the NHS work for patients not managers. As the party of the NHS, the Conservatives will never change the idea at the heart of our NHS – that healthcare in this country is free at the point of use and available to everyone based on need, not ability to pay.